Witnessing sharing faith gospel evangelism
Some people hate their jobs. ( 70% according to Medical Daily) What is worse is that many hate themselves because of their jobs.
As a conduit of God’s grace you understand that workplace pain is an opportunity to sow healing.
There are seven big ‘pain points’ that people around you at work may be experiencing:
1. “My work is more than I can handle.” – Fear.
2. “The people I work with are slowly killing me.” – Stress.
3. “My home life is eroding while I am here at work.” – Worry.
4. “The constant drip of office politics, gossip, & criticism is eating me from the inside out.” – Anxiety.
5. “I should do more than I am.” – Guilt.
6. “This job isn’t all I am capable of doing in life.” – Doubt.
7. “Nobody really appreciates what I do here.” – Lack of value.
When you see or hear these seven pain points echoed in the conversations or silent eyes around you, pray to God for a chance to administer the Remedy, Jesus Christ. Proverbs 12:25 says, “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.” And 1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast all your cares on him for he cares for you.” It is HE who “heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.” (Ps. 147:3)
Your aim in this isn’t to resolve workplace problems, but to minister to the wounded. Here is some help.
1) Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you. Sincerely care.
2) Hope is the oxygen we all need. Many people have never considered, “heavenly” things. When you speak, give hope through the eternal realities that give you hope. Dazzle them with that which brightens your mind.
3) At the right time, challenge your workplace peer to new realities. Challenge him/her to discover why their work matters; to discover service others around them; and to discover God’s perspectives. (Psalm 139:13-16)
Oh, and just so you stay positive in all of this, here are three things not to do:
— don’t assume that deep problems will vanish after one conversation.
— don’t count on shared books, websites, or DVD’s to solve problems that God is counting on your personal connection to Christ and your workplace friend to heal.
— don’t be a know it all; just listen and care. Not everything you know in the Bible is the solution to their current problem.
Be a light to someone this work week.
Remember, we aren’t really living until we are useful to someone else.
Live your Potential,